Scott has over 25 years experience in building successful businesses in a variety of industries including: Direct Response Agency (HackerAgency & Brand Digital), Marketing Automation Software (Optify.net), e-Commerce (Amazon.com), B2B SaaS for Qualitative Research Technology (Discuss.io), Mobile App FinTech (Tomorrow.me), Online Subscription Generation (Rhapsody – RealNetworks), Digital Ad Technology (Avenue A/aQuantive/Atlas Solutions & Brand Digital, Inc.), Online Games (WON.net), Consumer Entertainment Software (Sierra) and Recycling/Solid Waste Management (Rabanco Recycling).
Scott is also active in educating the next generation of digital marketers as an adjunct professor at the University of Washington Foster School of Business teaching Digital Marketing Systems & Strategies with the MBA and HMBA programs.
“The thing I like about Scott and Brand Digital is they understand the connection between marketing and technology on the web. They have meetings with my IT folks and I don’t have to be there because they know the issues and can talk through resolutions.”
Tom Kelley, CMO/VP Photoworks.com
A Short List of Things Scott has Done
- Consulted with a wide range of enterprise level clients on projects such as OKR implementation (GeoComply), Experimentation/Learning Playbook (Disney+), Personalization Maturity Assessment and Program execution on the Adobe AEM/Target platform (NorthernTrust) and many more as the leader of the Marketing Modernization team at Point B.
- Developed the marketing strategy, positioning, messaging and sales process for an early stage start-up focused on solving the Account Reconciliation problem using machine learning (SigmaIQ)
- Launched a mobile app for creating wills & trusts (Tomorrow.me).
- Helped transition HackerGroup from a traditional direct response agency to HackerAgency – an integrated direct response agency with a high digital marketing capability.
- Led the customer engagement efforts for Optify.net – a Madrona backed startup focused on organic customer acquisition, lead conversion, visitor intelligence and marketing automation.
- Partnered with a dozen premium domain owners to build high value web properties on their domain including: Careers.org, Tanning.com and WiFi.com
- Built the Paid Search Program at RealNetworks into one of the top spending and most complex campaigns in the entertainment vertical at Google and Yahoo! Search.
- Designed, executed & analyzed over 35 cross-selling tests while driving the on-site marketing of the Apparel channel launch on Amazon.com.
- Launched the Customer Insight Group, Vital Signs Web Analytics product and Atlas Institute at Avenue A.
- Created and launched the online gaming portal for the largest (at that time) publisher of PC Games called the World Opponent Network. Built WON.net into a top 400 site.
- Completely restored two old homes, raising two kids, climbed Mount Rainer and acquired a ’68 SS Camaro .
- Helped turn largest Transfer Station/Material Reclamation Facility (MRF) in Seattle from a money losing business unit into a profitable business unit serving as a processing model for facilities throughout the Western United States.
“Scott has been an amazing help to my small business. The website is 10 times better and leads are up as a direct result.”
Darren Billings, President/Founder Atlas-Inspection
Scott leads a small team of digital marketing experts who want to help small & mid-sized businesses succeed on the internet. We are extremely flexible and can plug-in to most situations. We want to help you while learning more about your business and improving our craft. We’re not perfect, but we work hard, care and have a sense of humor.